Dublin Welcomes our US Visitors
To The Spencer Hotel
Centrally located, The Spencer Hotel is the perfect base for exploring the city. With a Luas and bus stop right outside our door, getting around the city couldn’t be more convenient. With so much to see and do in Dublin’s fair city and the surrounding areas, a trip to Emerald Isle is well worth it.
Attractions & Things to Do
The hotel is within walking distance of some of Dublin’s top entertainment venues including; 3Arena, Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Aviva Stadium and Croke Park. So, you are in the perfect location to take in a show or concert while you are here.
While staying in the spencer your will also be close by many of Dublin’s top attractions. Take a 2-minute walk and land on the doorstep of EPIC where you can learn all about Irish immigration. Stroll further into the city and visit Trinity College, Grafton Street and Stephen’s Green. A trip to Dublin is not complete without a visit to Christ Church Cathedral and the Guinness Storehouse where you will enjoy a pint of the black stuff so make sure to include on your list.
Facilities at The Spencer
We have a selection of room types for you to choose from when staying at the Spencer, so you are guaranteed comfort for your whole stay. Our room types include; superior doubles, deluxe king rooms, suites, family rooms and the penthouse. If you want to take some time and chill out at the hotel we have great facilities including; the Spencer Health Club where you can unwind in the 18 metre heated pool, East restaurant with a selection of carefully crafted Asian fusion dishes and The Spencer Cocktail bar where you can sit and enjoy a delicious cocktail.
Check out the video below to see all there is to love about Dublin and book your stay now. Save 15% when you book directly with the Spencer Hotel.
The Spencer Hotel is accredited by the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. Our Guests and Team Members are our priority.
Click here to see the steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Getting to The Spencer could not be easier as it is serviced by the Dublin Airport Bus, stopping just a short walk away from the hotel.
Dublin Bus offers a 747 Airlink route from Dublin Airport at a charge of €7 per adult and €3 per child. Stop 7397, North Wall Quay, Guild Street is located directly across from The Spencer. The transfer is usually around 20 minutes, however, depending on traffic between 3pm & 7pm GMT, it can take up to 50 minutes.
A taxi will cost you around €35 to get from Dublin Airport to The Spencer.
If you want to see a bit more of Ireland while on your holiday, you can travel by train. Take a day trip to Wexford or Galway, or visit some of the fabulous seaside towns that are within an hour of Dublin. Connolly train station is just a 7 minute walk from the Spencer Hotel making your travel all the easier.
Access to Dublin from the U.S
Aer Lingus offers direct Dublin flights from many US cities, including Miami, New York, Washington, San Francisco, Dallas and many more destinations.
US Customs & Tips
- A huge advantage of travelling back to the US from Ireland is that you will pass through U.S. Preclearance facility. Both Dublin and Shannon Airports are two of only a handful of airports outside North America that offers this facility. The benefit is that having cleared USCBP, passengers arriving in the US are treated as domestic arrivals, allowing them to avoid immigration queues, pick up their bags and go.
- Car Hire companies are located in all the airports and we recommend that you book an automatic car in advance of your arrival.
- In Ireland, we drive on the left-hand side
- Operating speed limits are in kilometres
- Ireland has 3 pin plugs like the UK
- Please check roaming charges with your mobile phone provider before travelling to Ireland as this can add up to be quite costly.
Check out the video below to see all there is to love about Dublin and book your stay now.