Dublin Shopping Guide
Dublin is a shopaholic’s paradise – a hive of activity with shops, markets, designer stores and quirky stalls. The Spencer Hotel is located within walking distance of two of Dublin’s most famous shopping districts, Grafton Street and O’Connell Street. Both streets are lined with high-end stores and designer brands, so the choice is endless.
Grafton Street is located across the River Liffey on the Southside of Dublin city and it will take you approximately 25 minutes to walk to the top of Grafton Street from The Spencer. Grafton Street is famous for its pedestrianised streets, gorgeous shop fronts, the famous Brown Thomas, beautiful flowers available for purchase from street sellers, and of course a host of side streets packed with quirky shops, boutiques, cafes and bars. At the top of Grafton Street you will find St. Stephens Green nestled in the very heart of the city with its beautiful ponds, flowers and plenty of benches to sit and enjoy the setting.
O’Connell Street is located on the north side of the city with The Spencer being just a short 10-minute walk away. A riverfront walk allows you to stroll from The Spencer right up to O’Connell Street, or if you don’t fancy the walk, you can hop on the LUAS tram network that stops right outside the door and it will whisk you up to O’Connell Street in 5 minutes. The Spire, along with the historic General Post Office are also located on O’Connell Street, which you won’t be able to miss.
Stop by Wicklow Street on your way from O’Connell Street to Grafton Street, or pop into Powerscourt Town House Centre, located just off Grafton Street, a boutique-style shopping centre full of fun shops and places to eat.
General Opening Times for Shopping in Dublin
- Monday to Friday – 9.00am – 6.00pm (some shops open later but in general these are the opening times)
- Thursday – most shops open late until 9.00pm
- Saturday – most shops open 9.00am – 7.00pm
- Sunday – most shops open 9.00am – 7.00pm, some smaller shops will close on a Sunday
Some larger shopping centres in Dublin worth a visit include:
- Jervis Street Shopping Centre – located on Jervis street and easily accessible from The Spencer via the Luas, with a choice of shops, cafes and restaurants within the centre.
- St Stephens Green shopping Centre – located at the top of Grafton Street with a number of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Dundrum Town Centre – located approximately 30 minutes from The Spencer via taxi, and is one of Europe’s largest shopping centres with the flagship House of Fraser and Harvey Nichols stores, along with over 200 other shops, restaurants, bars, cinemas and activities.
- Kildare Village – this is an outlet shopping park and would take approximately 1 hour to get to from The Spencer with outlets for Reiss, Furla, Tommy Hilfiger and many more. If you want high-end fashion, it’s worth a trip.
Staying at The Spencer leaves you conveniently based to explore Dublin’s shopping districts. Check out some of our great special offers and book now.
Click below to book your stay at the Spencer Hotel.
While the safety and welfare of our guests and team members is always our priority, we have implemented additional measures in response to the impact of Covid-19 to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the health authorities. Click here for access to our Covid-19 Policy.