Things to do for Kids
With so much to see and do in Dublin, we’ve decided to make a short list for your convenience of the key things we think should make it into your itinerary:
- Hop on Hop Off Dublin Bus Tour – You can pick up the bus on O’Connell Street and get on and off as often as you please! It’s open top will allow you to see all of the sites in Dublin from a fantastic perspective. It will give you a guided tour that is offered in several different languages as it takes you to places such as Trinity College, The National Gallery, Guinness Storehouse, Kilmainham Gaol and so much more. You can buy tickets for a one day pass or discounted two day pass from the bus driver upon arrival.
- Dublin Zoo - Located in the beautiful Phoenix Park approximately 4 miles from the hotel, you can either walk, go up to O'Connell Street and catch a bus, or get a taxi and be there in just 10 minutes (depending on traffic). Not only will the zoo offer your family a fun filled day, it will also allow your kids to learn more about endangered species and see over 400 animals in a safe environment. With so much to see, a visit to the zoo can take up a full day.
- The Lambert Puppet Theatre - This family run business is home to Ireland's oldest puppet company. Bring your kids to enjoy a live show!
- The Viking Splash Tour - These unique tours will allow your family to experience Dublin on both land and water. This tour hits all the main attractions around Dublin and usually lasts around an hour and fifteen minutes. Visit the website for more tour and ticket information.
- Seaside Towns - Hop on the Dart and let it take you out of the city for the afternoon so you can visit one of the lovely seaside towns, such as Bray. Take a walk along the beach, eat in fun cafes, and explore the quaint shops around town!
Our Reception team are at your disposal to help you plan your day, show you where to go and offer advice on bus and train timetables, so pop down and see them before you head out.