At The Spencer Hotel
Dublin is a shopaholic’s paradise - a hive of activity with shops, markets, designer stores and quirky stalls! The Spencer Hotel is located within walking distance of 2 of Dublin’s most famous shopping districts, Grafton Street and O’Connell Street. Both streets are lined with high end stores and designer brands, so the choice is endless! Learn more about our shopping breaks and packages here.
Grafton Street is located across the River Liffey on the Southside of Dublin city and it will take you approximately 25 minutes to walk to the top of Grafton Street from The Spencer. Grafton Street is famous for its pedestrianised streets, gorgeous shop fronts, the famous Brown Thomas, beautiful flowers available for purchase from street sellers, and of course a host of side streets packed with quirky shops, boutiques, cafes and bars. At the top of Grafton Street you will find St. Stephens Green nestled in the very heart of the city with its beautiful ponds, flowers and plenty of benches to sit and enjoy the setting.
O’Connell Street is located on the Northside of the city with The Spencer being just a short 10 minute walk away. A fabulous boardwalk allows you to walk from The Spencer right up to O’Connell Street, or if you don’t fancy the walk, you can hop on the LUAS rail network that stops right outside the door and it will whisk you up to O’Connell Street in 5 minutes. The Spire is also located on O’Connell Street, which you won't be able to miss! You'll fine the GPO nestled between O’Connell Street and Grafton Street, which is well worth a visit with a fantastic new interactive visitor centre if you want to read up on the 1916 rising.
Stop by Wicklow Street on your way from O’Connell Street to Grafton Street, or pop into Powerscourt Town House Centre, located just off Grafton Street, a boutique style shopping centre full of fun shops and places to eat.
- The Temple Bar Food Market (Open Saturdays – Temple Bar – food market)
- Cows Lane Market (Open Saturdays – Temple Bar – Designer Markets art & clothes)
- Dockland CO CO Market (Open Wednesdays – food market)
- Moore Street Market (Open daily selling fruit and flowers)
- Christchurch Market (Open daily in Christchurch offering gastronomic lunchtime delights)
There are a host of other smaller markets on in Dublin so do check with our front office team and they can let you know what’s on during you stay with us.
General Opening Times for Shopping in Dublin
- Monday to Friday 9am -6pm ( some shops open later but in general these are the opening times)
- Thursday – most shops open late until 9pm
- Saturday – most shops open 9am-7pm
- Sunday – most shops open 9am – 7pm, some smaller shops will close on a Sunday
Some larger shopping centres in Dublin worth a visit include:
- Jervis Street Shopping Centre – located on Jervis street and easily accessible from The Spencer via the Luas, hundreds of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- St Stephens Green shopping Centre – located at the top of Grafton Street with a number of shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Dundrum Town Centre – located approximately 30 minutes from The Spencer via taxi, and is one of Europe’s largest shopping centres with the flag ship House of Fraser and Harvey Nichols stores, along with over 200 other shops, restaurants, bars, cinemas and activities.
- Kildare Village – this is an outlet shopping park and would take approximately 1 hour to get to from The Spencer with outlets for Reiss, Furla, Tommy Hilfiger and many more. If you want high end fashion, its worth a trip.
Staying at The Spencer leaves you conveniently based to explore Dublin’s shopping districts. Check out some of our great special offers and book now!
Have a peek at this video "Dublin Fashion At A Glance"...