At The Spencer Hotel
Oktoberfest is back and it’s taking place in Dublin on Georges Dock until the 14th of September to the 1st of October 2017. The Spencer Hotel is ideally located 5 minutes’ walk from all of the Oktoberfest activities. For the duration of Oktoberfest, traditional German food, drink and entertainment is taking place daily. So what’s on the programme for Oktoberfest 2017? You can enjoy some music from The Mostlandstürmer, the famous DJ Udo also known as the “Living Oktoberfest Legend” will be throwing out some tunes and this year.
What is Oktoberfest?
It’s a joyous combination of fairground rides, Dirndl tradition from the Bavarian region with some German food and drink thrown into the mix. George’s Dock is recreated in such a way to emulate the traditional Oktoberfest event that you would see in Munich. You can jump on a few fairground rides, throw on some Lederhosen and other traditional Bavarian dress or wear a wacky costume on Wednesdays and soak up the electric atmosphere. There are some hilarious rules in place where a lady wears her Dirndl ribbon in such a way to indicate that she is either single, married or a virgin! Great craic altogether.
You can buy beer tokens and reserve a table in advance on the Oktoberfest website. A few more points to consider if you are interested in going to the event:
- Oktoberfest is free entry unless you want to book a table in the main marquee
- You can only book a table at Oktoberfest via their website you CANNOT book a table over the phone or email
- You can still go to the event without booking a table, some tables are served on a first come first served basis
- You will have to pay a €5 deposit for your glass – for all you wild party people large beers are €12 and small beers for you sensible folks are €6.50
- You’ll get your €5 back when you are leaving the event with your glass
- If you like a big sausage Oktoberfest is for you with delicious bratwurst sausages, sauerkraut and other delightful German dishes
- A cloakroom is available to throw your jackets/coats into upon arrival at the event
- Age range: 21+
- Children are allowed access until 7.00pm
Variety is the spice of life and there is plenty to choose from at this year’s Oktoberfest, including; Schmankerlteller, delicious German Bratwurst, Leberkäs, Haxn, Sauerkraut, German Schmalzkuchen, steaks and burgers, crepes, German candies and German pretzels
You can top of this delicious food with a nice, ice cold beverage. Enjoy German Erdinger “Fischer’s Hell” and “Weizenbier” (wheatbeer). For the drivers there will have some non-alcoholic wheat beer! There will also be other German wines and beers available. If you are visiting Oktoberfest this year then book a room locally at The Spencer, Dublin’s designer boutique hotel, located a short 5 minute walk from Oktoberfest.
Oktoberfest Package includes:
- Overnight in a contemporary queen room
- 2 complimentary pints of lager on any 1 night of your stay
- Free Wi-FI
- Rainforest power shower
- White Company Toiletries
- Filtered water
- Room size from 22.44 metres squared
- 42 Flat screen TV with in excess of 51 national & international channels
- Nepresso Coffee making machine
- Work & play space with ‘Eames’ inspired chairs
- Italian slate grey tiling throughout the ensuite
- Individual air- conditioning and heating in each room
- Robes & slippers
- Floor to ceiling glass windows
- Built in European adaptor
Why should you stay at The Spencer Hotel?
Well the Spencer Hotel is located near Oktoberfest. We are one of the closest hotels to the event and our luxurious, boutique style makes us unique in Dublin. You can enjoy some serious luxury then just venture down the street to enjoy a few beers at Oktoberfest! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 353 (0)1 4338800 if you would like to make a reservation with us or if you have any further queries.