An important message for our Guests (Updated 20th October 2020)
At The Spencer Hotel, we have implemented the Government recommendations in how to deal with Covid-19. We have also gone a few steps further, to make you feel comfortable, relaxed and safe.
Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter
We have been awarded the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. The Safety Charter demonstrates that we are operating in line with current Government public health advice and with safety and cleaning protocols in place. All of our team have completed hygiene and safety control training and we are subject to being spot checked and inspected at any time.
We also want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organisation (WHO), Irish Hotels Federation (IHF) and the Irish Health Service Executive (HSE) regarding Coronavirus, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers, Staff and Community.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the Hotel provides, for our guests as well as our own team. This includes hand sanitisers in all areas, deep cleaning of all space during and after departure, and the reduction of seating in social areas, for all refreshment and meal periods.
We are supporting our Hotel Team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning program.
Here are some ways we are supporting our Team
- Hand Hygiene – Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily Hotel and departmental meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It is important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training – In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, Hotel associates have also completed enhanced Covid-19 awareness training as well as the Failte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter.
- Real time information – The Hotel’s corporate and regional teams are on standby 24/7 to support the Hotel and coordinate with local and regional authorities. As a Guest of The Spencer Hotel you can expect the following:
On Arrival to the Hotel
- A hygiene station is available on arrival at the Hotel, with additional hygiene stations on the ground floor and hand sanitiser at each lift lobby.
- We have an interactive display, which shows the last sanitization to take place in key guest areas.
- Perspex screens have been put in place at the Reception desk.
- Social distance markers and have been put in place in our Reception and Lobby areas, to control check-in queues and general crowding, with a one way system in operation.
- The Hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and even rooms keys.
- Cleaning products and protocols – Our Hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- Guest rooms – The Hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items. Non-essential items have been removed from our guest rooms.
Restaurant & Bar
- All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after use.
- Tables are sanitised after each patron. All seating arrangements are taking into consideration recommended social distancing.
- We give our guests an option of ‘contactless’ room service delivery of our delicious 24-hour in room menu.
- We ask that our guests use credit or debit card if possible.
Meetings & Events
- Our capacities have been reduced to ensure physical distancing between attendees while the government restrictions remain in place.
- Hand sanitisers are available in all meeting rooms.
- We have posters displayed in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene practice, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette and we ask our guests to follow the guidelines.
- All meeting spaces are deep cleaned with certified anti-virus products after every use.
- We set up, sanitise, and electrostatically fog the room before clients arrive and do not enter it until you do so you are guaranteed a safe environment to meet in.
- We have implemented additional cleaning and sanitisation of all touch points including door handles/ lift buttons/ hand rails/ meeting room equipment/ cables/ glass water bottles/ pencils/ light switches.
- High touch point areas are sanitised every 60 minutes however we also ask that attendees sanitise their hands as often as needed to ensure maximum safety.
- We will enforce social distancing in The Spencer Reception area while being ushered to dedicated meeting rooms, but it is up to the attendees themselves to carry out self-distancing when in the meeting space.
- We keep a contact register of all meeting delegates.
- Please do not attend your meeting if you have a high temperature or are feeling unwell.
Spencer Health Club
- We have a dedicated sanitation team who use certified anti-virus products to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and sanitisation.
- We have a fogging machine at the pool, gym floor and studio to electrostatically sanitise three times per day.
- We have implemented additional cleaning & sanitisation of all touchpoints including gym equipment/door handles / reception desk /changing room areas.
- High touch areas are sanitized every 60 minutes however we also ask that guests wipe down equipment and benches when they are finished to ensure maximum safety.
- There are hand sanitisation stations at the Health Club entrance, both changing rooms and the studio.
- Our reduced club and class capacities are based on 2-metre physical distancing – any change in government restrictions will result in a change of our capacities.
- Our maximum capacity on the gym floor at any time is 24. This must be pre-booked by phone – dial 8877 from your bedroom. Bookings will be taken 24 hours in advance or less. We also accept walk-ins if slots have not been filled. Work out slots are for one hour each. Booking slots will be every 30 minutes.
- Our maximum capacity in the pool is 8 at a time. These must be pre-booked by phone – dial 8877 from your bedroom. Bookings will be taken 24 hours in advance or less. We also accept walk-ins if slots have not been filled. Swim slots are for 45 minutes each. Booking slots will be every 30 minutes. The sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi will remain closed until such time as social distancing restrictions are lifted.
- Our maximum capacity for a class is 6 at a time. These must be pre-booked by phone – dial 8877 from your bedroom. Bookings will be taken 24 hours in advance or less. We also accept walk-ins if slots have not been filled. Class slots are for 45 minutes each.
- Changing room capacity in the ladies is for 6 and for 8 in the gents and up to the individual to adhere to this and wait in turn if needed.
- Please note that our preferred method of payment is by credit or debit card.
- We would like to ask that the parents/guardians to ensure that children in their care adhere to physical distancing measures while using our Health Club facilities.
- Should your stay at the Spencer Hotel include a treatment in Viola Day Spa, please visit www.viola.ie for details on the Spa Covid-19 policy.
What you can do to help
- Should you present with any symptoms of Coronavirus or feel unwell during your stay we kindly ask that you stay in your bedroom and contact our Front Desk team by dialling “0”. We will arrange for a Doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
- If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the front desk by phone and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
We look forward to continuing to welcome all of our valued guests to The Spencer Hotel.