Things to do
The Spencer Hotel Dublin city location lends itself to such a vast range of things to see and do in our vibrant, captivating city. Most of which are all within walking distance or a short taxi ride. We are accessible via the Luas or the light rail system running throughout the city as well.
We have highlighted the top 10 things to do in Dublin for you:
- Guinness Storehouse - no trip to Dublin is complete without a visit to the Guinness Storehouse, enjoy a captivating view of the city in the Gravity Bar.
- Trinity College - whether you would just like to see the beautiful grounds or see the ancient Book Of Kells, Trinity is definitely worth a visit.
- Jeanie Johnston - enjoy a different view of the city from the River Liffey in the Jeanie Johnston boat.
- Dublin Zoo - great for a family break. Located in Phoenix Park, it is easily accessible from The Spencer.
- National Aquatic Centre - the kids will love this!
- The National Gallery of Ireland - see some spectacular art pieces and soak up a bit of culture.
- Book of Kells - a must-see, this incredible ancient manuscript is a sight to behold.
- National Museum of Ireland - there are simply amazing artefacts to be seen here including gold and Viking artefacts.
- St Patrick's Cathedral - founded in 1191 and this is one of the largest cathedrals in Ireland.
- Farmleigh house - see the beautiful house and gardens owned by the Irish State for visiting dignitaries
- Kilmainham Gaol - check out the role this eerie museum played in our history.
- Concerts, Festivals and Events
- City Kayaking - have a snoop at our new packages with City Kayaking for groups of 8 or more.
- Cityscape Tours - take a look at various tourist attractions throughout the city.
Check out what's on in the city if you want to attend a concert, festival or the theatre. We believe Dublin is a fascinating place for any tourist to visit. You are sure to have great Irish "craic" with Irish people and enjoy our many famous tourist attractions steeped in history. If you haven't visited Ireland yet, you should really experience the wonderful landscape, history and culture in our country at least once in your life time!
The Spencer Hotel is a great base if you are visiting and planning on sightseeing and checking out the fun and fantastic spots nearby such as Bord Gais Energy Theatre and 3Arena.